Thursday, July 16, 2009

Three Wishes

Despite a fifteen dollar doctor's visit and another fifteen dollars worth of prescription medications, my condition remains unchanged. While I sit in bed, there are three things that I desperately wish for:

I wish....

1. The rooster who lives next door would understand the difference between dawn and other times of day.


2. The stray dogs on the street would stop mating and howling in the sidewalk.

3. My legs would have enough strength to make it up and down the stairs so I could talk to the family that owns the hostel. They are all really nice, especially this 15 year-old girl Nancy who basically cooks all day. Unlike the kids at school, they never make fun of my fumbling Spanish. Maybe this one will come true. I could head down after I rest up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment